In breaking news, Nordstrom is set to leave Canada. 😮
Announced today, Nordstrom will be closing all 13 of its Canadian retail stores; 6 Nordstroms, and 7 Nordstrom Rack store locations. In addition, as of today, Thursday, March 2nd, 2023, its online platform will also come to an end.
Here’s what you need to know!
- All Nordstrom.ca e-commerce sales, effective today, will not be honoured.
- If you placed an online purchase prior to today, your order will be honoured and processed.
- Redeem your gift cards ASAP! Gift cards will be honoured until the end of liquidation for in-store purchases. No new gift cards can be purchased after today.
- FINAL SALE! If you have a purchase that needs amending, do so now! After March 17, 2023, all sales will be final and returns and exchanges will no longer be permitted.
- Liquidation will begin around March 20, 2023, and will carry through until approx. June 2023.
Click here for Nordstrom Canadian store locations.
UPDATE | 03/03/23 @ 3:36am EST: Nordstrom has updated their website and they’ve issued the following notice:
“To our Nordstrom Canada Customers:
While we’ve enjoyed serving you since 2014, and have built and have a fantastic team in Canada, we’re writing to share that we’ve made the tough decision to wind down our operations in Canada, close our 13 Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack stores and sunset Nordstrom.ca.* This means your shopping experience now looks different.
What this means for you:
- Shopping our stores: For now, Nordstrom Canada stores will continue to operate in the normal course. Nordstrom Canada intends to commence a liquidation sale, subject to Court approval, later in March.
- Shopping Nordstrom.ca: You are no longer able to shop online at Nordstrom.ca. Orders placed through Nordstrom.ca prior to March 2, 2023 will continue to be fulfilled by Nordstrom Canada. If you requested to pick up your Nordstrom.ca order in store, all orders must be picked up in accordance with the specified pickup window previously provided to you. If you have questions about your order or wish to track your order, please contact Nordstrom Canada Customer Care at 877.794.5304. You will no longer be able to track your order on Nordstrom.ca.
- Returns and Exchanges: Returns and exchanges will continue to be accepted in accordance with Nordstrom Canada and Nordstrom Rack Canada’s return policies through to March 17, 2023. After March 17, 2023, all sales are final and returns and exchanges will no longer be permitted, whether merchandise was bought prior to or after the start of the liquidation process. Digital returns are no longer available as of March 2, 2023. Orders placed online prior to March 2, 2023 can be returned to your local store until close of business on March 17, 2023. After March 17, 2023, all sales are final and returns and exchanges will no longer be permitted.
- Order tracking: You will no longer be able to track your order on Nordstrom.ca. Orders placed through Nordstrom.ca prior to March 2, 2023 will continue to be fulfilled by Nordstrom Canada. If you have questions about your order or wish to track your order, please contact Nordstrom Canada Customer Care at 877.794.5304.
- Order pickup: New order curbside pickup will not be available after March 2. If you requested to pick up your Nordstrom.ca order in store, all orders must be picked up by March 17, 2023, or the item will be returned.
- Gift Cards: Nordstrom Canada gift cards will continue to be honoured through to the end of the liquidation sale for in-store purchases only. No new gift cards can be purchased after March 2, 2023.
- The Nordy Club: Nordy Club Canada members will cease to accrue new points, effective as of 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on March 2, 2023. Points earned as of 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time March 2, 2023 that have not automatically converted to Nordstrom Notes will automatically expire. Nordstrom Notes earned prior to March 2, 2023 will continue to be honoured in store in Canada only through to the end of the Liquidation Sale, provided that they have not otherwise expired under The Nordy Club Canada terms and conditions. No new Nordstrom Notes may be earned or issued from and after March 2, 2023.
Access to your Nordy Club profile and account management information will cease at 11:59pm Eastern Time on March 2, 2023. You can still access your Nordstrom Notes via:
- the email linked to your Nordy Club account,
- by contacting Nordstrom Canada Customer Care at 877.794.5304, or
- by visiting a Nordstrom Canada store.
- Nordstrom credit card: The Visa Nordstrom Canada Credit Card Program will be wound down. Cardholders will receive separate communications from MBNA in this regard, including with respect to the accrual of Nordstrom rewards points. Cardholders remain responsible for all outstanding balances and should continue to pay their bills in the normal manner.
For more information, please see our Customer FAQs or contact us.
Please note that Nordstrom US stores continue to operate as they always have, and are ready to serve you the next time you visit the United States. Thank you for being our customer.
– Nordstrom Canada”