#glossense #chinesenewyear #lunarnewyear #canadiancontest #canadiancoupons #8off #luckyred #888winner #chancetowin #sephoracanada
Feeling lucky? Celebrate 2020’s Lunar New Year with Sephora Canada!
“Spend $88* to receive a lucky Red Envelope for your chance to
Win up to $888
Hundreds of Sephora gift cards to be won!
Plus, every envelope contains $8 off your next purchase.”
Can’t shop? Not to worry! No purchase is necessary for a chance to win. 😀
“NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.”
Everyone has the chance to participate, and everyone’s* a ‘winner’. 😀
Here’s what you need to know at a gloss:
Begins: January 2, 2020 at 12:01 am PT.
Ends: February 7, 2020 at 11:59 pm PT or while quantities of red envelopes last.
Open to all* Canadians of legal age
Must be a Sephora Beauty Insider
*Sephora employees, affiliates and relations are excluded.
Please see full terms below.
How to enter:
(while quantities last)
In-store: Shop in-store and spend $88 or more.
Online: Shop Sephora.ca, spend $88 or more and enter promo code LUCKYLUNAR at checkout.
Hand print a request that includes:
• Your full name
• Your full mailing address
• Your Beauty Insider Account email address
• Your date of birth
Then, mail a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope), with your request, and postmarked no later than February 7, 2020 to:
Sephora LNY Envelope – Card Request
P.O. Box 246, Dept. Sephora2020
Pickering, ON CA L1V 2R4
Requests must be received no later than February 14, 2020.
Each Red Envelope “consists of a “Scratch Card Game” and “Special Offer””.
Scratch for a chance to win a first or grand prize, and enjoy your special $8 off discount offer!
Special Offer: $8 off $30 purchase | All consumers will receive this coupon. However, mail in entrants may not receive this Special Offer.
200 First Prizes: $88 Sephora Canada gift card | Your odds: 1 in 1,250
5 Grand Prizes: $888 Sephora Canada gift card | Your odds: 1 in 50,000
To learn more and for full contest details and promotion terms, click below.
Happy new year and good luck! 😀
As always, when shopping, don’t forget to use Rakuten! If you shop today, you can earn 2.5% cash back on your Sephora order! If you’re not already registered, click here to sign up to start earning free money back on all of your online purchases. 😀
“Sephora Canada Lunar New Year Lucky Red Envelope Promotion
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Sephora Canada Lunar New Year Lucky Red Envelope Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of Canada who are at least eighteen (18) years old and Beauty Insiders at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees, officers and representatives of Sephora Beauty Canada, Inc. Administrator (defined in Section 2), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion consists of a “Scratch Card Game” and “Special Offer” and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Sephora Beauty Canada, Inc. 5560 Explorer Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L4W 5M3. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075, U.S.A.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”), January 2, 2020 and ends WHILE SUPPLIES OF RED ENVELOPES ARE AVAILABLE, but no later than at 11:59 p.m. PT on February 7, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
4. How to Enter:
At the outset of the Promotion the 250,000 Red Envelopes will be randomly distributed to retail stores, the Sephora online fulfillment center, and for free method requests. Follow the directions below to receive a Red Envelope during the Promotion Period:
a. Make an In-Store Purchase: Visit a Sephora retail store in Canada during business hours and make a merchandise purchase (purchase of gift cards and services do not qualify) of at least $88 CAD (before taxes). You will need to provide your Beauty Insider account information and then While Supplies are Available, you will receive one (1) Red Envelope including a Scratch Card and the Special Offer (described below in Section 5). You are not eligible to receive the Red Envelope in conjunction with other promotional offers.
b. Make an On-line Purchase: Visit during the Contest Period, make an online merchandise purchase (purchase of gift cards and services do not qualify) of at least $88 CAD (before taxes) while logged into your Beauty Insider account and enter the promotion code LUCKYLUNAR in the promotion code box at checkout (you will not be permitted to add any other promotional codes during your purchase), and WHILE SUPPLIES REMAIN AVAILABLE, you will receive one (1) Red Envelope, including a Scratch Card and the Special Offer (described below in Section 5), which will be shipped with your merchandise purchase,
c. Mail-In Request: Request for a Scratch Card by mailing in a request. Create a self-addressed stamped envelope and hand print a request that includes your name, street address, city/town, province/territory, postal code, Beauty Insider Account email address, and date of birth and mail the request and envelope in an envelope with proper postage to Sephora LNY Envelope – Card Request, P.O. Box 246, Dept. Sephora2020, Pickering, ON CA L1V 2R4. Requests must be postmarked no later than February 7, 2020 and must be received no later than February 14, 2020. Allow approximately three (3) weeks to receive a Red Envelope by mail.
Note: Each request must be mailed separately (one (1) request per envelope). All mail-in requests become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
5. Special Offer: Red Envelopes will include a Special Promotion code. Consumers can redeem the code for an CAD$8 discount on an in-store (Canada only) or online merchandise () purchase of CAD$30 (before taxes) or more made from January 10, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. PT through February 20, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT. This offer is not valid on The Ordinary and MAC Cosmetics VIVA GLAM products, in-store services, previous purchases, purchases of gift cards or eGift cards, gift wrapping, packaging, taxes, or shipping & handling charges. The code may only be used one-time. Original card (photos or copies will not be accepted) must be surrendered at time of purchase for in-store purchases. Cannot be combined with other promo codes or offers and cannot be used for purchases shipped outside of Canada. Offer has no cash value. Mail in entrants may not receive this Special Offer.
6. Scratch Card Game: Scratch the middle section of the Scratch Card to reveal if you have won a prize. Of the 250,000 Scratch Cards generated, five (5) Scratch Cards will reveal a Grand Prize, two hundred (200) will reveal a First Prize and the remaining 249,795 Scratch Cards will not reveal any prize. Accordingly, the odds of winning a Grand Prize is 1: 50,000 and the odds of winning a First Prize is 1: 1,250.
7. Prize Claim Process: If your Scratch Card reveals a prize, send the original Scratch Card (you may want to make a copy of the for your records) by mail to Sephora LNY Envelope – Prize Claim P.O. Box 246, Dept. Sephora2020, Pickering, ON CA L1V 2R4. Your mailing must be post marked no later than March 31, 2020. Prize claims received after April 7, 2020 will not be processed. Include the following information in your prize claim request: your name, mailing address, date of birth and Beauty Insider email address. Within approximately 2 weeks, Administrator (HelloWorld, Inc.) will email prize claimants/potential winners with a time-limited skill-testing question. Each potential winner will be required to correctly answer the skill-testing question without any assistance by responding to the email within 3 days of the date the email was sent. If any potential winner fails to submit the original Scratch Card as directed, cannot be contacted at the provided email address, fails to correctly answer the time-limited skill testing question (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize and prize will not be awarded. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 4-6 weeks after accurate completion of the skill-testing question.
8. Prizes: : A CAD$888 CAD Sephora gift card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): CAD$888.
: A CAD$88 Sephora gift card. ARV: CAD$88.
Gift Card terms and conditions apply. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize for another prize of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: CAD$22,040.
9. Publicity: Accepting a prize in the Scratch Card Game constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state/province for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible plays received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Release: By entering this Promotion, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sephora Beauty Canada, Inc., Administrator, and any promotional partners, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Promotion or resulting directly of indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another play in the Promotion, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively courts in Ontario; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ontario, Canada without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario.
: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, visit . The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
16. Promotion Emails: By claiming a prize in the Promotion, you agree to receive emails from Administrator as described in Section 7.
17. Unsubscribe: To opt out of future marketing messages from Sponsor, “